Tool-X® is a nanotechnology additive that works in both cutting oil and water-based metalworking fluids. The physical properties of the carbon nanoparticles enhance both cutting tool and metalworking fluid performance:
- The nanoparticles lubricate (reduce friction) between the blade and the chips
- The nanoparticles conduct heat away from the cutting edge of the tool
- The nanoparticles remove build-up on the contact surfaces like a nanoscale polish
- The nanoparticles strain harden / shot peen the metal surfaces of the tool
- The nanoparticles, being inert, withstand high temperatures and don’t break down
Tool-X provides tangible benefits to machine tool operators:
- Tool-X allows machines to work at faster feeds and speeds.
- Tool-X improves accuracy and precision and surface finish.
- Tool-X extends tool life and reduces overall machining costs.
Tool-X has been validated by many of the country’s largest manufacturers and has allowed them to reduce their machining costs by as much as 25%.