As Energy Specialists, Advanced Solutions Group LLC (ASG) offers a multitude of services for residential, commercial, institutional and governmental customers.
We provide Consulting Services for: Strategic planning, grant identification, writing, packaging, submission and reporting, project planning, implementation, management and reporting, program development, implementation, management, marketing and reporting, curriculum development and training, energy assurance planning, training, management and reporting, RFP development and administration, bid preparation, packaging and submission, cost and feasibility analysis for energy initiatives, organizational capacity analysis, energy audits (residential, commercial), government liaison for energy initiatives, and GSA schedule preparation
We provide Construction Services for: Energy audits and energy efficiency construction retrofits, weatherization (single-family, multi-family, commercial), and renewable energy technologies installation (solar, geo-thermal, solar-thermal)
We provide assistance with applications, documentation and processing of: Michigan Saves residential energy retrofit loans, residential and commercial utility rebate programs (ASG is a Consumers Energy Allied Trade Partner), and federal and state energy financial incentives
SIGNIFICANT PAST PROJECTS:
- ASG principal (Kate Fields) developed Energy Star Certified single-family homes; both new construction and rehabilitated. These homes were built for low-to-moderate income families utilizing HUD Block Grant funds from the City of Flint and the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA).
- Assisted GreeningDetroit.com with City of Flint approval for GreeningFlint.com
- Provided three Externships for graduates of American Green Careers; experience provided with residential energy audits.
- City of Flint Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG). Secured the grant, prepared (accepted by DOE) Energy Efficiency Conservation Strategy (EECS) and developed an additional Comprehensive Strategic Energy Plan for the city. Many energy experts were utilized for research and analysis of relevant energy topics in order to prepare the comprehensive strategy and EECBG allocation recommendations. This work was presented in a five-day series of seminars which you will find posted on this web site. Although they were geared to the City of Flint, most seminars offer generic information for anyone interested in energy or “Green” initiatives.
- Topics included:
- Day One – Energy and Green Jobs
- Day Two – Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Day Three – Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy Generation
- Renewable Energy Ordinances
- Alternative Fuels
- Day Four – Energy and Green City Operations
- LED Traffic and Street Lighting
- Alternative Transportation
- Waste-to-Energy (Recycling, Reuse and Energy Recovery)
- Green Purchasing Policies
- Day Five – Funding Energy and Green Initiatives
- Financing Municipal Energy Projects
- Potential “Other Grants” Funding
- Proposed: Flint-Genesee Energy Coalition
- The EECBG Strategic Plan: Synopsis, Prioritization and Recommendations
- Concluding Remarks
- Comprehensive Strategic Energy Plan – Vision of Flint as a Sustainable CityCURRENT PROJECTS